Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dustin Lynch and James Wesley 5th Annual Living Donor Benefit Concert by University of Maryland Medical System

Back on September 11, 2012, I had the opportunity to shoot at a benefit for living organ donors.  It was put on by the University of Maryland Medical System and was a great event!  The show featured intimate performances by fellow Kansas native James Wesley current country heart-throb Dustin Lynch.  The benefit brought a packed house with sold-out tickets at Harmony United Methodist Church in Falling Waters, WV--just up the interstate from my mom's house!

Although I was sore from a surgery I had surgery earlier that day (I'm also a type of living donor) I wasn't going to miss two amazing country performers being so close!  I had contacted the host of the event, Lee Adams, explained my situation and how I would like the opportunity to shoot the event, and she brought us into the show!  Here are my favorite images (there's a lot, but these boys are obviously easy on the eyes and just as easy to shoot).  I was excited to hear that Dustin Lynch will be back this year at the event, and I think anyone in the area should check it out!  It isn't every day that you get to be so close and interactive with such talented people!  What a great event for a great cause!!

Here's the link with information for this year's event. Even if you're not able to attend, you can still contribute!: http://www.ummsfoundation.org/page.aspx?pid=445#sthash.evfny5RO.dpbs






My favorite shot.  They were great on stage together.

Love the boooooots!


The best part? They were available for autographs and photos after!

No comments:

Post a Comment