Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Caitlin and Jeremy

          Let's be honest here:  Every photographer gets the jitters about doing their first wedding.  After all, it's a hell of a day to mess up!  I got lucky though.  In fact, I couldn't have asked for a better couple for my first wedding.  Caitlin and Jeremy were sent to me through a mutual friend, and I immediately loved how laid-back and in love both of these couples were.  I've seen plenty of episodes of Bridezilla, and I was nervous going in, but Cait's tomboy personality (exactly the same as mine) was the total opposite of anything I had feared.  We did their engagement session in a town that I love and know well--Morgantown, West Virginia.
          I can't express how much fun it was to shoot a couple that was so into each other.  My goal whenever I shoot (and you'll see me say this again and again) is not to pose, but to capture raw, true emotion and moments.  We captured exactly that!  These two were so into each other, that I didn't have to do hardly any posing.  

The Engagement Shots: 








The Wedding:












I've learned so much from these two, both about photography and unbridled love.  Not only that, but they have been the epitome of the perfect client.  I've worked with them and their family three different times now and I love them all (and insist that I am their most recent addition to the family).  And in about five and a half months I'll get to work with them again.... They're expecting!  Congrats to these two love birds and the entire family.  Creating bonds and friendships like this is exactly what I aim for with this business.  I strive to create friendships and stay involved with my clients in the hope that I get to see their families grow.  Thank you Mr. and Mrs. McCormick for opening my eyes to more than photography.  It still brings tears to my eyes knowing that you two are living the life that you wanted and are bringing another awesome little rockstar into this world!  I can't wait to meet the little one and see you guys again:)

1 comment:

  1. Well there you go again making me cry! I love you and your work so much! It's so AMAZING to be able to work with the same photographer through our journey. Cannot wait for you to capture the next part of our journey with our lil bundle of joy arriving in January! Love you soo much and I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for us!

    ReplyDelete