Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby Leo! My First Newborn (Shoot)

While I've decided to be a momma to my pup for a while and leave the baby-making to everyone else, I couldn't help but have discovered a new passion while shooting this little guy!!  In my opinion, newborns are easy to shoot and the hardest subject to shoot all at the same time.  They're easy because once you get them to sleep, their job is done!  They don't have to listen to instructions, worry about their posing, or their facial expressions!  Unfortunately, getting to this point is incredibly difficult most of the time because they are the boss and they pretty much do what they want.  There is something magical about a sleeping infant though.  It is one of the most beautiful sights to behold, and there are rarely moments that'll make any heart swell with love more than after those eyes close and their breathing softens.

Leo was a perfect example of this.  He did NOT want to sleep, but with a LOT of patience and a beautiful momma's touch he eventually fell asleep and let me start rapid firing!  This was my first newborn shoot and I shot in the comfort of the family's home (Leo was only six days old so we wanted to bring the shoot to them, handle everything, and try to give momma a break:).  The home was BEAUTIFUL and an absolute dream to shoot in.  Anything and everything could have been used as a prop. Leo was also perfect!  I love it when clients bring me ideas and let me run with them, and prior to the shoot Jaimee had sent me a photo of an adorable owl beanie she wanted to use.  I immediately thought of staging a "nest" and went prop shopping (my favorite part).  I had never seen this idea done before so I was thrilled to see it all come together.

Here are some of the images of my first little cutie and I could not have been more thrilled with how they came out with the natural light:)












No comments:

Post a Comment